The Mosaic Company Mechanical Rotating Equipment Engineer (III, or Sr) in St James, Louisiana
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Rotating Equipment Engineer (III, or Sr) for Mosaic’s Louisiana Operations.
The position provides technical expertise and leadership for implementation and execution of rotating equipment reliability strategies across the Uncle Sam & Faustina operating site.
Provides Reliability and Process subject matter expertise to team of peers.
Leads site team of Operations, Maintenance and Reliability personnel to monitor rotating equipment asset reliability results, address issues hindering asset reliability, focus on sustaining gains and delivering value to site financial.
Collaborates with peer Reliability Engineers to ensure consistent application and continual improvement of the reliability strategies across the sites.
Assesses rotating equipment asset health to prioritize maintenance activities and capital replacement/upgrades.
Focuses on advanced training on reliability topics and process knowledge.
Provides prioritized asset assessments that support 5 year capital financial planning.
Develop subject matter expertise of fundamental reliability concepts and skills.
Prepare equipment RFQ packages and technical bid evaluations and make vendor suggestions.
Review vendor design documents and coordinate with vendors during equipment design and fabrication process.
Develop operations process knowledge required for effective troubleshooting and problem solving.
Maintain QA/QC standards for rotating equipment repair.
Use rotating equipment and reliability expertise to facilitate repairable spares program for the sites.
Work with reliability engineers to ensure spare parts are properly identified.
Seize opportunity to build environmental, health, and safety improvements into equipment asset design.
Be a role model to others in exceeding expectations of EHS policies and procedures.
Design and review of engineering work to ensure compliance with Mosaic processes, procedures, standards, and regulatory requirements. This will include field inspections at various stages of the project.
Development and integration of design standards on all major projects.
Evaluation and application of new technologies.
Manage rotating equipment file library for accuracy.
Lead planning efforts for scheduled rotating equipment overhauls.
Other duties as assigned
What do you need for this role?
• Bachelor Degree Engineering Discipline; preferably in Mechanical Engineering
• 5+ years of related experience (Related experience may consist of heavy industrial maintenance, reliability, or operations experience)
• Experience leading teams and facilitating groups
• 10+ years or more of related experience. (Related experience may consist of heavy industrial maintenance, reliability, or operations experience)
• Demonstrated leadership skills and experience
Required for ALL Levels:
• MS Office products, CMMS (or similar software) experience
• Excellent written and communication skills and ability to interface with all levels of management
• Knowledge of Predictive Technologies (vibration, IR, UE, MCA, Oil analysis)
• Development experience with PM procedures
• Must demonstrate ability to influence others; requires strong leadership qualities, teamwork and problem solving/decision making qualities
Preferred for ALL Levels:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• OIS, Maximo, Minitab experience
• CMRP (SMRP certified maintenance reliability professional), CRE(ASQ certified reliability engineer), CRL (AMP certified reliability leader), CSSBB (ASQ certified six sigma black belt)
• Licensed Professional Engineer
Physical work environment is occasionally outdoors occasionally exposed to varying degrees of hot and cold environments.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to safely perform the essential functions of the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others.
• Able to lift approximately 0-25 lbs. unassisted and occasionally
• Able to climb stairs and work at various heights
• Able to hear, with or without correction
• Able to read, write and understand basic English
• Able to see, with our without correction
• Able to travel unassisted
• Able to work rotating shifts and overtime as required
• Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status.
Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!
The Mosaic Company
The Mosaic Company is the world's leading integrated producer and marketer of concentrated phosphate and potash. We employ more than 15,000 people in six countries and participate in every aspect of crop nutrition development.
We conduct our work with integrity and excellence, and we strive to be a thoughtful neighbor in each of our operating communities. We use our financial resources, expertise and innovative spirit to demonstrate our shared commitment to good corporate citizenship.
The Mosaic Company (NYSE:MOS) is a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Tampa, Florida.
At Mosaic, we believe success comes when we make smart choices about our stewardship of the environment, how we engage our people, and the way we manage our resources. We’re committed to maintaining a safe, healthy and respectful work environment for our workforce. And we’re dedicated to ensuring Mosaic is a place where people are proud to work and grow.
Mosaic is always looking for bright, passionate individuals who are motivated by our purpose, and who want to build their careers with a global leader in agriculture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, as well as meaningful career development opportunities.